CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: Educators, Artisans, Musicians, Crafters,
Preparedness and Health Businesses,
Self Defense Professionals, Re-enactors,
** One of our HEARTS members has asked that we post information here regarding an event planned for later this year;
note that HEARTS will be providing food for this event:
HERITAGE DAY, a 20/20 Vision Event, will take place in Crossville on Saturday October 26th, 2019.
The attached link will provide anyone interested with
a) Purpose of the event,
b) Goals of the event,
c) Guidelines for Participation, and
d) Application for interested participants!
October 3, 2019 (Thursday) 10:30am: FIELD TRIP, Traveller's Rest Plantation & Museum
Hearth & Harvest Home School Day
* Cost $7.00 for children 5 and up,
$2 for children under 5 who would like to participate in hands-on activities (free otherwise)
and each family gets one adult free, $7.00 for additional adults.
* This LINK ...will take you to register and pay from their Facebook event page...they have limited registration available and
they suggest registering early (by Monday September 30th). Please be aware that if you do not register and
pay ahead of time, you may not get to participate!
* Depending on where you live, the location is about 2 hours away. You should plan to arrive no later than 10:15am.
* You are welcome to picnic on the grounds of Travellers Rest (they have a grassy area or a pavillion).
* If you wish to carpool/follow in a group, comment on the HEARTS Facebook page for this event.
October 14, 2019 (Monday) 6:00-8:00pm: SKATE NIGHT
* Held at Skate City in the Woodmere shopping plaza, Crossville - family friendly music
* Cost $3 per student, both skating and non-skating - only parents that choose to skate will be charged.
* Bring candy to share! Join in the costume contest too!
October 15, 2019 (Tuesday) 11:30-3:00pm EST: FIELD TRIP - Alcatraz East Crime Museum
Pigeon Forge, TN
* Explore the history of American Crime, Law Enforcement & Forensic Science. See the history from a different perspective.
This is an explore at your leisure type trip, so ending time will vary by family. See this LINK for more information.
* Homeschool Ticket prices are $12 or $10 if 10 or more attend.
Note that this location is in EASTERN TIME ZONE, so plan accordingly.
* Please sign up on the Crossville HEARTS Facebook Event Page or at the leadership table during Friday Co-Op.
Cutoff for signup for this event will be October 9th.
Payments can be made at Friday co-op or contact Patricia Smith for other options.
* This is open to all homeschool students.
October 27th, 2019 (Sunday) 2:30pm: Cumberland County Playhouse presentation of BASKERVILLE,
a Sherlock Holmes Mystery
* Must be at playhouse by 1:50pm
* Cost $11 per person
* Sign up at any HEARTS events, comment on Facebook, or private message Carol Erickson
* Limited tickets are available, tickets must be paid for in advance.
November 14th, 2019 (Thursday) 6:00pm: Performance Night
and Musical Drama Christmas Play
followed by a Thanksgiving Dinner
* Kids musical drama class will perform "Star of Wonder",
followed by any other classes that have a performance or tables out for display.
* Begins at 6:00pm
* Thanksgiving Dinner at 7:00pm - HEARTS will provide turkeys
(need a couple of families to volunteer to cook them and to also provide stuffing).
Families that attend will bring side dishes to share and drinks.
November 19th, 2019 (Tuesday) 11:00am- 3:00pm: FIELD TRIP - ICE - A Christmas Story
Gaylord Opryland - Nashville, TN
* Come experience ice like never before with sculptures, slides and so much more! See this LINK for details.
* Group tickets for this event are $10 for students 4 to 18 and $14 for adults (normal pricing is $21 and up).
Cutoff for signup for this event will be October 18th - you must be signed up and paid by then so we can order tickets to
reserve our spot.
* To sign up/pay please see leadership table at Friday co-op.
December 4, 2019 (Wednesday) 9:15am: Cumberland County Playhouse presentation of ELF
* Must be at playhouse by 8:40am
* Tickets $7.50 per person
* Must sign up and pay in advance for ticket to be held* Must be at playhouse by 8:40am
Note: While Friday semester co-op sessions DO require membership acceptance, most of our other group activities do not require membership and are open to all. Unless otherwise stated, the below activities are open to all...